Would you like to take a break, to slow down, feast your senses, enhance your painting skills and master new ones, to rest and nourish your body, your mind and your soul? Join me on a beautiful Greek island in September 2021 for a botanical art holiday.
Perched in the heart of a Greek mountain village above the bay of Karystos on the island of Evia, Villa Kasteli, a traditional mountain villa with its panoramic sea and mountain views, is the ideal location for a relaxing botanical art holiday. Just two hours by car and boat from Athens airport, ‘getting away from it all’ couldn’t be easier.
A family run boutique retreat centre for artists, yoga enthusiasts and garden lovers, Villa Kasteli has everything you might need for a relaxing and inspiring botanical art holiday. Run by the Lorenz family, at Villa Kasteli every effort will be made to ensure that you eat well, sleep well, rest, paint and explore.
Our light filled spacious studio is situated in the midst of beautiful mediterranean garden plants. We will have 25 hours of Botanical art tuition in the studio or in ‘the field’. During your free time the studio will be available for some personal painting.
Olive groves and fig trees provide a backdrop to a rich array of native Mediterranean plants in the nearby countryside. The award winning Montofoli Estate and vineyard will be a perfect location for some field studies.
• Optional guided meditation with gentle stretching to end each day.
• A guided botanical walk along the hillside under the medieval Castello Rosso to the village of Mili.
• Dinner at Stella’s restaurant under the shade of the Platanos orientalis, Greek sycamore trees, in the village of Mili.
• Morning field trip to the nearby Montofoli Estate with time for field studies followed by picnic lunch.
Nearby places to visit :
• Castello Rosso (Red Castle), a medieval Venetian Castle overlooking Villa Kasteli.
• Mount Ochi with its hillside pathways.
• Unspoiled beaches with turquoise waters and golden sands for a relaxing swim.
• Karystos, the perfect spot for afternoon refreshments and people watching.
Villa Kasteli has four double bedrooms with private bathrooms, an open plan living, dining and kitchen area with a fireplace. An additional four double rooms are available nearby. Accommodation can be booked for either single or double occupancy.
Each bedroom has a large, comfortable double bed. We offer the option of double or single bedding, so if you choose to share your room you don’t have to share bedding.
Breakfast will consist of locally made fresh pastries, fruit, honey, yoghurt and porridge with a variety of super food toppings. Our chef will prepare lunch and dinner using delicious locally sourced fresh ingredients. We are very happy to accommodate any of your particular dietary requirements. Wine is included with dinner each evening.
We have a beautiful terraced garden for you to explore, a swimming pool and covered pergola. Many outdoor seating areas throughout the garden.
Guests are requested to book flights at your own cost, ideally arriving around lunchtime to ensure easy transfer to meet boat schedule in Rafina, and afternoon departures to ensure the same for your return.
Transfers can be arranged to include meet and greet at Athens airport, taxi to port of Rafina, Boat ticket Rafina to Marmari and pickup from Marmari to Villa Kasteli – two hours door to door € 40 per person each way.
€1,600 – one person using double room
€1,300 – per person sharing for two people sharing double room.
• 6 nights accommodation
• 6 x breakfast, lunch, dinner
• 25 hrs. botanical art tuition
• Use of studio
• Visit to Montofoli Estate.
Please contact me for further details and to check for available places:
Pay €500 deposit via PayPal to secure your place.